Hello angels today’s post is on self love ❤️
When I was on holiday I realised I need to love myself more, I need to stop hiding myself, be proud of what I do, what I look like and what I have become and I want to help others do the same..
So today I will just go through some of the top tips to help you become more in tune with yourself and love yourself for who you are..
- Eat nutritiously. Of course as a nutritionist I am going to advise this -Your body is one amazing thing, you simply are what you eat, you know what is good and what we should limit. Eating for your body and what it needs is one of the best things you can do. You feel better, you loook better inside and out your mind becomes more healthy and focused.
- Exercise lovingly. Again as a PT I know the affects exercise has on the body and the mind the serotonin fills your body with happiness. I know so many women who force themselves on the treadmill for hours because they hate their body, just do a little every now and then, blast the music, sing loud and smile while you perform and enjoy those 10 / 30 minutes you do and you will find yourself learning to love it.
- Take Some Time to Breathe – rushing all over don’t you have 5 mins to yourself? Make time.. take up meditation, do yoga.. sit in your room in silence take time to think your brain and mind will thank you. You will then be able to think about what you really want and need and also know what you want from life having time to tinn go further than you think rather than rushing around letting the days pass you.
- Sleep well; focus on getting your hours in, feeling fully recovered, feeling well rested and full of energy.
- Define Beauty in yourself – what is one thing you love about yourself? Embrace that part of you, your eyes? Take pictures of them? Your laugh record yourself laughing.. laugh around people a lot.. your jokes? Tell jokes to everyone.. your feet? Where sandals whatever it maybe show it of do more of it embrace it.
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others – this is a amjaor one for me. I think many people of our generation do this when we really shouldn’t. You are all your own person you will never look like or be like the person sat next to you or your next door neighbour so why try be the best version of yourself try and better yourself everyday. Why spend everyday looking at pictures of someone you can’t be and will never be. You can learn and be inspired but just learn to become a better version of you every day.
- Celebrate Your Wins – what are you good at? Embrace that again.. you can run well? Run races, train hard, enjoy it. You are good at studying? Study hard learn lots take exams get good grades, expand your knowledge, your a good musician? Play lots, make music, show off. What your good at let others know don’t hide it away. Who cares what you are good at you are good at it so love it and show it.
- Become mindful – be mindful of who you are and what you want/need rather than what others want and need from you. Stay focused and strong even when you feel low, this will bring you out on top when you really need it. Look forward always. What is in the past is there for a reason you have learned from that and now it’s time to step forward with a strong step.
- Practice good self-care. Take time to have alone time really think and spend time in just your own company you are then more likely to be more in tune with yourself.
- Healthy social interactions – choose your friends wisely. Your vibe attracts your tribe. Be friends with people who help you grow and who support you; be a friend to those who are to you support them, help and have fun with those who respect and love you.
- Love hard; those who are special love them with all your heart. Those ones are special for a reason put love into them you will receive it back and you will love yourself more for putting those first and thinking of those around you.
- Set boundaries. You’ll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Protect yourself. Someone bringing you down? Those friends that call themselves friends but aren’t.. get rid of them! There isn’t enough time in your life to waste on people who want to take away the shine on your face that says, “I genuinely love myself and life”. You will love and respect yourself more.
- Forgive yourself. We can be so hard on ourselves. Try to be less hard on yourself when you make a mistake or fail, Remember if you have learned and grow from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.
- Be selfish – sometimes you have to be selfish say no to that trip, be alone and be in your own company doing your favourite hobby your mind and body will thank you. You will learn to love time alone and with others and appreciate both sides more.
- Live intentionally. Visualise your intentions and goals then every day as you are living you have a goal and a purpose something you are aiming for and achieving while living your life.
- Identify qualities you admire. Find qualities that you admire in others and that you want to learn… Identify your flaws also: Think about the things that you don’t like about yourself.. Decide what you want to change and if you want to change them. Change for what you want not what others want from you.
- Smile everyday. Look at others and randomly smile. Look at yourself in the mirror and smile. You can actually trick your mind and body into thinking you are happy, smiley and loving yourself then you actually learn to.
Hope these tips help you guys out. Always love yourself for you..
Much Love J x