Hello angels, many of you may know, that i have braces! Only recently have i had them put on though! I got them on the 25th of October and i got the fast brace mechanism one i had this placed on my top and bottom teeth.
So we are just over 3 months into the treatment and i wanted to let you know and update you on the progress as many of you have asked how it has been so my top ten today is facts on my personal experience with these braces.
- My fangs i am unsure what the technical term for these teeth are know as im thinking incisors? Lived up inside my gums then have now moved down so so much; it feels amazing for my gums and i can tell the difference every day.
- I got given gum and lips gel for when the hurt and rubbed against my gums but i used hardly any of this so far. The mouth adapts very well to them.
- Paracetamol and alcohol helps my aches that usually occur with the first week after tightening! The day i get it done which is usually a Saturday; that night when the pain begins i reach for my fave- prosecco.
- After tightneing each time:- the pains wares off after 7 days each time they are tightened which is now every 3-5 weeks.
- I have to mainly eat certain soft foods like, soup, ice-cream, pasta and mash potato; this is what is keeping me alive eating hard food and biting down can be too much sometimes.
- After its tightened i can not bite down for like 3 days on food like, crisps, toast etc.
- I have bands on certain teeth to now correct my bite. There are two types one for the night time and one for the day time but not all pateints need these bands it depends on your bite.
- My teeth feel wobbly sometimes and weird!!! But i guess they are moving – Hope this wears off!
- I use colgate and forever living toothpastes, i use a normal toothbrush not an electric one as it can break brackets. And i have some mini brushes for in between my brackets, I brush often say 3 times a day.
- I drink everything through and straw and eat very slowly so i do not damage or stain my teeth, or break brakets.
I am so very excited for changes and end result, wish me luck i still get nervous everytime i go. I have lots of pain during tightening when i go so i have to have 4 injections each time which means my whole jaw, lips and nose are numb for about 4 hours! Its crazy but it helps me get through the tightening treatment. Not every paitent experiences this but i have very strong teeth so its needed.
The pictures below are now and when i very first got them done its only been 3 months so i am very excited. YAY!! I shall update you in months to come!
Wish me look, any tips and tricks please comment! Message me for anymore info, Thanks for reading!
Much Love J x