i have just gained a qualification diploma in diet fitness and nutrition so i am now able to advise people on food and having a healthy diet which i am very excited about doing this alongside my personal training..
so to begin these healthy ‘foodie’ blog posts – “here is a top 15 list” – and todays list is all about my favourite ‘healthy snacks’
- rice crackers, i love rice or corn cakes, with ham or cheese or peanut butter (a mix of carbs, fats and protein)
- oats, mixed with protein powder and chocolate shot or PB.. (mix of carbs, fats and protein)
- fruit mixed with yogurt (carbs, sugars, yum depending on the yogurt you can get protein and fats from this but consuming 0 or 2 percent total greek yogurt which is what i have and love)
- eggs on toast, beans added too (mmm, fats, protein, carbs and lots of fibre)
- nuts and seeds i love walnut and peanuts.. (i can’t have nuts as my sister is airborne allergic but i thoroughly recommend you having these to snack on, fats and protein in such a small snack)
- chopped fruit or veg such as apple or carrot (so easy to take when travelling, low in calories, micronutrients and carbs)
- tinned tomatoes on toast with marmite sometimes a sprinkle of cheese (wow what a combo and so healthy too)
- finely chopped salad, with nuts and seeds and added oil, rapeseed oil is better.. (made in the thermomix its even better)
- cereals! granola, oats, bran flakes, shreddies or special k (i love all of them with plenty of milk, they keep me going for ages)
- cup of tea one of my favourite snacks i feel like i can take on the world after a cuppa! (no calories either in tea, i have little milk and sweeteners)
- bagels! i am so into bagels at the moment my favourite is raisin and cinnamon, topped with usually choice spread or PB (they have great amount of carbs to keep me going)
- a green tea (herbal tea), s0 refreshing!
- granola, dried fruit and yogurt covered biscuits (its super yummy and healthy too)
- crackers, cheese and grapes.. (sounds like the posh dessert doesn’t it but its actually refreshing and give you a good boost of energy till your next meal, with carbs, protein, fats and sugar boost!)
- also love a jammie dodger too, oh whoops sorry this is the healthy episode.. i shall be doing another post on my “naughtier” treats i also love because lets face it we can’t be healthy everyday!
thank you for reading the top 15 for today and hope that has helped you a little bit for healthy snacks ideas..
happy healthy eating!
much love J x